Source Inspection Guidelines
By maintaining a technical presence throughout the entire production process, we assist the vendor base in "building in quality, not inspecting in quality". To ensure this, we conduct extensive in-line and end-of-line quality auditing. This degree of involvement, greatly reduces the likelihood of quality problems, and provides for a consistent outcome to your offshore sourcing efforts.
Source Inspection Parameters (PCB)
All testing is conducted in accordance with IPC-A-600E (Acceptability of Printed Boards) and the End User's general fabrication specifications . We conduct the following testing:
- Random sampling per MIL-105D.
- Electrical O/S testing; This consists of:
- Check test fixture to ensure that there are no test points are missing
- Verify that all the test probes are making good contact.
- Finally, we confirm that all testing parameters conform to the customer's specification requirement.
- 100% Electrical Testing. (programmed with a golden board)
- Perform mechanical inspection to include:
- Board thickness verification
- Hole size measurement
- Outline dimension measurement
- Perform visual inspection to include:
- PCB Fab drawing compliance per the customer's general fabrication specifications/IPC specification.
- Gold/Nickel Thickness testing (if required) to include X-ray verification and gold porosity testing.
- Conduct Soldermask/Copper thickness testing and verification by microsectioning.
- Conduct solder thickness verification through the use of X-Ray verification.
- Conduct chloride through the use an Omega Ohm Tester.
- Conduct solderability testing using the dip solder test (260C, 5 seconds)
- Perform solder float test: solder dip (280C, 30 seconds)
- Perform pre-ship bake audit.
- Perform packaging inspection.
- Engineering includes the following in carton #1 of every shipment:
- QC report
- Solderability sample
Process Capabilities (PCB)
- See our Process Capabilities.
- See our Far East Resources' Source Inspection Report.
- See our total quality management (TQM) program.
- See our reject handling process.