By maintaining a constant presence during all production-in-process, Far East Resources allows you to "extend your reach without extending your risk".
Vendor Identification/Selection:We begin with a technical review & process capability analysis in order to locate appropriate supplier(s) for the business being proposed. Once suitable vendors have been identified, we review the delivery requirements/target pricing and perform a cost comparison analysis between qualified vendors to better define a suitable partner.
Engineering Design/Documentation Review:This is done to ensure manufacturability and reveal and recommend any cost-effective design changes that could yield a benefit in cost and or manufacturability of the commodity being sourced.
Pre-Production Engineering:The engineering team generates one complete set of datafile plot-outs for correlation & verification of the supplier's cam plot. Once approved, engineering checks & approves the supplier's working A/W & checks the drill program on a physically drilled sample for hole size & location and to determine if there are any missing holes. Lastly, engineering reviews and approves the plating fixture to guarantee that there are no missing test points.
Production Management:The engineering team maintains a constant presence in the factory to monitor all phases of production to ensure total quality control to include:
- raw materials selection
- in-process quality control
- end-of-line quality auditing
- final source inspection
Final Quality Inspection:We conduct a battery of tests to ensure the quality of all product shipped from the Far East meets or exceeds the quality expectations of our customers. For more information, click on Source Inspection Parameters.
See a copy of Far East Resources' Source Inspection Report.
Shipping:We assume full responsibility for the transit of parts from the country of origin to its final destination point. We perform the following services:
- Oversee the final packaging of exported goods.
- Prepare the necessary export documentation.
- Ensure timely delivery of product to the foreign airport
- Coordinate with the airlines to secure space and schedule for timely departure from the foreign airport.
- Monitor transit to ensure product is delivered to the appropriate destination nearest to our customer.
Custom Clearance:We assume full responsibility for declaring/clearing imported product through customs before final shipment to our customer. We perform the following functions:
- Define proper duty tariffs for imported product.
- Coordinate clearance efforts with custom inspectors/custom house brokers to prevent any unnecessary delays.
- Payment of all custom duties on behalf of our customer base.
- Manage Same Condition/Rejected Material duty drawback program for all customers that market their products internationally.
- We are also linked via computer (ABI) to pre-clear shipments with U.S. Customs in Washington D.C.
Financing:We finance all purchases and offer standard terms allowing our customers to fully review the quality of the product purchased before accepting financial responsibility for the imported product. Our full involvement/all-inclusive approach to sourcing in the Far East allows for full confidence in purchasing in the Far East with no hidden costs or surprises.